Monday, October 20, 2008

The Big Reveal

So, in my last post I mentioned that Jesse and I were going to do something cool and I would post pictures of it. Here it is! WE CARVED PUMPKINS!!! This was only the 2nd time I've ever done this in my life- seeing as I don't celebrate Halloween at all. And Jesse hadn't done it since he was a little kid. We invited my mom and brother over as well and let loose.

We didn't want to do anything Halloween-y so, in addition to just carving something fun if you wanted to, we tried to depict images of the things God has been teaching us. Jesse wasn't able to put his into art form so his pumpkin is just a fun one. However, the rest of us did our spiritually-based ones. Here's some of the prep-work:



Here's showing it off:



The stories behind them:
Jesse
Photobucket Photobucket

Jesse was sporting his love for Oregon football. Simple as that!

David
Photobucket
David's was about falling into the arms of God. He hasn't yet explained any more to me than that.

My Mom
Photobucket
God has been revealing to my mom aspects of His character, as she desires to know Him by all of His many names.

Me

Photobucket

If you want to read the story behind mine, click here. And, awesomely enough, I am going to be able to take my pumpkin to church and share the story with the congregation. I did a briefer story of it last night before a small group and received amazing feedback! Isn't awesome what God can do through a pumpkin?!!

Here they all are together:
Photobucket

More pics to come later.... :-)

No comments: