Friday, June 20, 2008

Update on Us

This will be a short post as I have to be at work in an hour and have yet to get dressed or eat lunch, but I wanted to send out a quick update to those who check this site.We have now been in our new house for 1 month and 5 days. It's gone by so fast and I feel like we have barely begin to scratch the surface of everything we hope to do. In general, most of the painting is done. We just have several touch-ups to do and a bit that needs to be finished. We hope to add crown moulding to our great room as well. Our back yard was given to us as a big mound of dirt and we really want to get it landscaped. That's a matter of time and money, though. Our garage is getting closer and closer to being completely finished. We are having a garage sale tomorrow which should help get things more in order and give us some extra funds. For our anniversary, I splurged and bought Jesse a whole garage tool area. He got a shelving unit, a work table, a pegboard, power drill, 18-piece wrench set, 3-piece plier set, level, tape measure, and hammer. Most of this was all Craftsman (only the best for my favorite guy) and a nice starter set for him. He was REALLY surprised. I'm still waiting on my diamond wedding band for my present :-)Speaking of our anniversary, we will be celebrating our first in only 10 days!!! I can't believe it's gone by so quickly. We are hoping to celebrate it by going to Seattle and spending the weekend there. I've never been there and Jesse's only been a couple of times. It's a reasonable distance away and has a lot to see.In other news, Jesse finished his football season last Saturday. It was their first playoff game after an undefeated season and a first round bye in the playoffs. Unfortunately, they lost the game by merely 1 points. And Jesse also got hurt just before half time, pulling his hamstring really bad. He had hurt it a few weeks earlier and was sore for a day or two but had been fine since. However, at this game, he ran in such a way that made it pop and he was in so much pain. I saw him limping off the field and took off down the bleachers to meet him on the sideline and find out what was wrong. He collapsed to the ground on his back holding his leg in pain. It scared me a bit, but after having the EMT look at it and ice it up, he quickly was able to walk on it again, albeit with a limp. In the following days, though, he has returned to normal. And while it was a sucky way to end the season, we're both pretty relieved it's over.On the baby front, we are still having difficulties having a baby. We've now reached our 10th cycle in a 7 month time period. Most doctors consider a couple to have infertility problems after a year of trying. And I believe that 12 cycles is sufficient to put me there, so by August 8th, we will have reached that time. Because that's really only a month and half away, and because of our constant discouragement and fear of the unknown, we have decided to seek some extra consultation from a doctor. We plan on seeing our family doctor again soon to see what tests can be done right now and what steps we need to take if we don't conceive soon. In addition, I have recently began talking to a nurse at the reproductive center in Portland who, so far, has said that we could begin consultations and testings.And, finally, Jesse and I are both in the process of looking for new jobs. I have applied for several nanny jobs, a teaching assistant job at a local elem. school, and as a secretary at the hospital. None of these have led anywhere yet. I'm just looking for something more full-time that would provide extra income while fitting in with our schedules and my talents, etc. I have no idea where it's going to take me. Jesse, meanwhile, has decided to pursue the possibility of being an electrician. I believe he has to apply in July, take some aptitude tests, and if he is accepted, he will begin an apprenticeship program for the next 4 years. Meanwhile, Jesse and I have been asked to represent our church at a local seminar which addresses Christianity in today's culture. We would be trained to come back and lead small groups in our church. We are really excited about this seminar (after going to the introduction last night) and feel that God may be leading us to have small groups for teenagers in the future. The seminar isn't until the end of Sept, however, so there is quite a bit of time to prepare and see where God takes it all.Ok. I REALLY have to go now. Still not dressed. Still hungry. Down to 30 minutes left before work!!! Also, I guess I lied about the short thing, huh?! Who knew I could type so fast?!!!

No comments: