Friday, September 21, 2007

My Poem: How Effective am I?

When I walk, do the marks left behind resemble the Savior whose steps I strive to follow? Does my trail of footprints direct a lost generation to Him? (Psalm 17:5 & 1 Peter 2:21)

When I speak, is it with unsealed lips and a mouth that praises God unashamedly? Do my words overflow from an undefiled heart? (Psalm 51:15 & Matthew 15:18)

When I smile, does it reveal a divine romance with my King? Does my expression show a joy found only in knowing that I am loved by the Lord? (Psalm 5:11 & 1 John 4:16)

When I stand, is it with the authority of a God who moves mountains and brings nations to their knees? Is it with the humility of knowing that it is Him and not me? (Luke 10:19, Romans 14:11,& Phillipians 2:13)

Does the desire that screams from deep inside of me make a sound to those around? Does the cry of my heart echo in their ears? (Isaiah 26:8,9 Psalm 57:2)

Does the love that swells up within me touch the hearts of those I encounter? Does my passion for God leaving a lasting imprint on their lives? (Romans 12:9)

Does my presence convey a tangible expression of God's unconditional love? As I outstretch my arms to embrace another, do they see an image of the cross that bridges the gap between them and God? (2 Corinthians 5:19-21)

Am I an example in my life, my love, my faith, and my purity of a holy and omnipotent God who gave His life in unfailing adoration? Does who I am reflect who my God is? (1 Timothy 4:12 & John 1:14)

No comments: